Our 10th Annual Event will be held November 13-14, 2022. SAVE THE DATE!!
- Vendors: Various vendors will demonstrate products, knowledge and tools for success.
- Educators: Hands-on classes will go over a variety of tool topics. We plan to host 3-4 top people in their field to head up these learning experiences, all included in the attendee price!
- Location: The Embassy Suites Hotel in New Orleans, LA. Make your reservation today to secure our show rate of $175/night, including buffet breakfast! We recommend you arrive Saturday, November 12th, as the show will start at 8am on Sunday morning. All classes will end Monday at 6pm, so we suggest a checkout that day or the day after.
The International Beauty Sharpening Association (IBSA) mission is to create the ultimate education and training experience for our fellow sharpeners and shear sharpening enthusiasts.
Shear Sharpening Business
A shear sharpening business has the potential for high profits. Hair stylists invest hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars on shears. Many hair stylists seek professional shear sharpening services for “like new” condition on shears.
Attending conferences and becoming a member of IBSA will enable you to network with other shear sharpeners from across the United States as well as top-notch professional certifiers who have a lot of experience in not just the sharpening business but the hair industry as well. You will be able to maximize your profits.
Shear Sharpening & Care
Regardless of cost, your purchase of a quality shear is an investment in your career that needs to yield lasting results. You can follow a our instruction to keep you shears sharp and well-maintained.
Please click here to read more.
Shear Advice (Fact & Fiction)
Fiction: Some shears are marketed as ‘never needing to be sharpened’.
Fact: Shears are made differently, but that doesn’t mean that there are those that don’t need to be sharpened.
Fiction: Low quality shear can cut similarly to a high quality shear
Fact: High-quality shears are better functioning, and are made to last longer
Please click here to read more.
The International Beauty Sharpening Association – IBSA Event & News
- Re-Entering the Workforce
1. Coming together as a community. First is that we hold the success of their business as our primary concern. Without them there would be no us, and that shouldn’t be a platitude or nostrum; we must believe it and build everything else upon it. So while you may have a particular opinion re [More...]
- Survey #2: Federal Aid
Thank you all so much for participating in our second survey! We have some great feedback and informative links we'd like to share with you all. The main federal aid packages sharpeners are taking advantage of are: Stimulus ChecksPayment Protection Program (Click here for tips on the application process) Sole [More...]
- Survey #1: Facing COVID-19
COVID-19 SURVEY RESULTS 34% said no effect on business but were quick to emphasize “YET”55% said they have been affectedMultiple complaints about struggles with delivery services STRATEGIES: Switching to electronic payment/cash in ziplock’sMarket with diversity and enthusiasmMarketing sharpening during stylist’s down time while they can be without toolsOffering services on e-bayOffering drop off’s/mail [More...]
- Follow us on YouTube
- Attendee / Exhibitor Registration
Information for both Exhibitor and Attendee registration for the Seventh Annual International Beauty Sharpening Association 2019 has been updated. We recommend you email in the information, but you may also mail it in. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know. -IBSA Board of Directors