Thank you all so much for participating in our second survey! We have some great feedback and informative links we’d like to share with you all.
The main federal aid packages sharpeners are taking advantage of are:
- Stimulus Checks
- Payment Protection Program (Click here for tips on the application process) Sole Proprietorship (Tips)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or 10K Loan giving advanced loans of $10,000 within a few business days
Unfortunately, only 15% of our audience have received any sort of financial aid. Which leads to our second question, WHEN?
- Most, if not all, citizens making under $75,000 should have already received their stimulus checks. If you have not received your stimulus check, follow this link.
- Once a PPP loan application is approved, the business should receive disbursement from their lender within 10 days.
- EIDL loans were initially promised to be released within three business days but because of the overflow of requests, the SBA has no secured timeline.
The IBSA Board recommends caution when submitting any and all paperwork for loans and grants. Incorrect information or misunderstanding of grant requirements could cause fines in later months.
What many sharpeners are finding useful is through the use of social media and digital marketing they are connecting with former and new clients while staying safe and healthy.
A few sharpeners have reported that business is starting to pick up again as a few states are preparing for partial re-openings this Friday, May 1st. As business begins to pick up, you need to show that you are available and ready for work. Sending out emails, messages or social media posts can make all the difference.
Whether you are up and ready to start work again or proceeding with a bit more caution, the IBSA is here for you. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to contact us below.
The IBSA is also looking for other sharpeners to participate in our YouTube channel. Feel free to share any tip you’d like and film with any tools you have at your disposal and contact us with any questions. Our goal is to create, share, and learn despite being limited by our situation.
We thank everyone who participated in our survey. Please stay safe and healthy during these difficult times and know that we are here for you.