Welcome and Introduction 10:00AM – 10:15AM PST
Jean-Paul Babin: Mastery, Mindfulness, & Movement 10:15AM – 11:25AM PST
39 years experience as a master craftsman. Professional Cutler specialized in Hair scissors and surgical instruments. Certified by the French government and recognized by the French ministry of culture. Master Hikari Craftsman and international trainer.
- Transmission is an art, a technique based on ancestral knowledge.
- The precise gesture gained from intensive practice.
- The most accurate tool is your hand. The total mastery of movement and gesture is the only way to become autonomous, flexible and have the ability to work on any equipment.
- Never let a “gadget” supplement a deficiency or fill a gap in your knowledge.
Passion Beauty / 2Sharp CBN Products (Exhibitor) 11:25AM – 11:30AM PST
Lois Coedo: Cuticle Nippers 11:30AM – 12:15PM PST
Sharpener specialized in hairdressing shears.
- Cleaning the pliers, especially the shaft.
- Removal of slack.
- Sharpening of internal face.
- How to close the pliers that let light through.
- Fixing nicks at the tip caused by falls.
- Cutting tests and a few more details.
Above Shears (Exhibitor) 12:15PM – 12:30PM PST
Nelu Moldovan: Sharpening with Microscope 12:30PM – 1:30PM PST
Founder of DOVAN.
After 10 years of research, study, and practice in sharpening premium hair shears, we created DOVAN, a company focused on sharpening and developing new types of edges for hair shears and also offering to hairstylists its own products with personalized edges.
Our team also has a solid background in salon working and combined with our vision in sharpening, gives us the chance to offer a different approach in understanding cutting edges that are made for various cutting applications.
We are in close collaboration with top educators from the hairdressing industry that provide us constant feedback and validate our work.
- Sharpening an edge for blunt precision cutting – technique, materials, and microscope analysis.
- How we make the shear to cut with the same force from tip to end by eliminating the blade vibrations
- Setting and bending an easily breakable blade.
Nano Hone (Exhibitor) 1:30PM – 1:45PM PST
Thomas Columbia: Marketing 1:45PM – 2:45PM PST
Scissors Sales Coach
25 years of selling scissors and educating stylists I discovered the reasoning of why hair cutters purchase. Using this logic will help you build customer loyalty for a lifetime. You want stylist saying, “I never knew that before today.”
- Coaching stylist will build your credibility & sales.
- Being mindful of the buying sequence that makes the process comfortable.
- Timing your presentation softens price objections over perceived value.
- Showing scissors before identifying a specific need creates selling chaos.
Bonika Shears (Exhibitor) 2:45PM – 2:50PM PST
Sharpeners Report (Exhibitor) 2:50PM – 2:55PM PST
Passion Beauty (Exhibitor) 2:55PM – 3:00PM PST
Rob Sheets: IBSA Certification 3:00PM – 3:30PM PST
Nina Inc (Exhibitor) 3:30PM – 3:45PM PST
Round Table: Open forum 3:45PM – 4:45PM PST
The IBSA invites all participating members of our virtual conference to join us in our IBSA Round Table.
This is an opportunity to learn from and educate your fellow sharpeners, & it’s an even greater opportunity because our reach now extends to around the world. Discussion examples include (but not limited to):
- Curved Shears
- Clipper Blades
- Shear Setting
- Ride Lines
- Business Issues
- New Customer Development
Don’t have anything to discuss? That’s ok! Learn, ask questions, and participate with your fellow sharpeners!
Sun Gold Group (Exhibitor) 4:45PM – 5:00PM PST
Motomi Kanamori: Sharpening & Manufacturing with Adachi Industry 5:00PM – 6:00PM PST
Motomi’s father started the company in 1971, designing and making machines for creating scissors. Today their company is one of the largest Japanese OEM producers of scissors, razor blades and tools for the hairdressing and medical trades. Adachi Industry is recognized around the world as a respected source for top quality hairdressing scissors, working with original innovative designs, manufacturing techniques and processes that consistently produce the highest quality product. Their motto is “Ingenuity of mind breeds innovation of products.”
- What makes Adachi unique:
- Competitive strengths and advantages.
- The process of designing new models:
- Goals, time, and challenges.
- How Adachi sharpens shears from clients.
- Behind the mystery of “Kire-aji.”